International Summer School on “PEM Fuel Cell Fundamentals” - 17-22 June, 2013
The Accredited International Summer School on “PEM Fuel Cell Fundamentals”, will be organized between 17 – 22 June, 2013, by the European Commission, Directorate General Joint Research Centre (JRC), Institute for Energy and Transport (IET), United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), International Centre for Hydrogen Energy Technologies (ICHET) and the “Ovidius” University of Constanta, in Bursa, Turkey.
The strategic objectives of the Summer School are:
- helping Candidate Countries and Potential Candidate Countries to familiarise with the “EU Acquis” in areas of the JRC
- contributing to the development of the European Research Area (ERA).
The technical objectives of the Accredited International Summer School are:
1. to provide general knowledge of the design, modeling and optimization of PEM fuel cell systems
2. to enable the comprehension of the detailed operation, functionality and interaction between the various components used in PEM fuel cell systems
3. to develop analytic skills in system integration with respect to system efficiency and control engineering aspects of PEM fuel cell energy systems
4. to obtain the knowledge needed to construct and operate PEM fuel cell based technologies in the laboratory and in real applications
5. to share knowledge related to the practical realization and implementation of fuel cell systems, especially pertaining to innovative aspects, business planning and financial considerations.
- Master students (with a BSc in Physics, Chemistry, Thermodynamics or Material Sciences)
- Young professionals and junior researchers including PhD students from academia and industry
More information about the Summer School you may find on the www.bsun.org and in the attached files.