GUIDE FOR INCOMING STUDENTS
Before your arrival
- Official nomination letter sent to AUTh from the sending Institution
- Submit (to the Department of International Relations of AUTh) by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) the filled Student Application Form and Learning Agreement.
- Apply for your visa to the Greek Embassy of your country. A Letter of Acceptance is required for visa, issued by the Department of International Relations. Please ask for a visa type: “D.4.3 – Participation in Special Programmes”. Attention: It is advised to start the visa application process as soon as possible, since the procedures sometimes require a considerable amount of time.
- Obtain an appropriate health and medical insurance that is valid for all the period of your stay at the host Institution.
- Search for accommodation. You can contact the Department of International Relations for assistance and/or use the links:
- You can also contact the ESN (Erasmus Student Network) of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, as they are able sometimes to assist and facilitate in finding housing opportunities. You can reach them at: email@example.com
If you have a scholarship from your country/University, bring an original certification with you (preferably translated in English).
After your arrival in Thessaloniki
- Visit the Department of International Relations (Administration Building, Ground Floor, office nr.10) in order to announce your arrival at AUTh.
- Meet your Institutional Coordinator.
- Visit the secretariat of your Faculty/School in order to get registered as a student.
- Follow the instructions given by your School secretariat in order to get your student card for your access to the Library, University Restaurant etc.
- If you are a student who is going to spend at least 3 months in Greece, ask for the certification from the Department of International Relations to use it for your residence permit (see below).
- For the Residence Permit, follow the instructions here